‘I think that when you consider the beauty of the world and you wonder how it came to be what it is, you are naturally overwhelmed with a feeling of awe,’
At Stockland Green School, the Science Department strives to explain the miracles of the universe. You will encounter distant galaxies, the power of the immune system and begin to understand the delicate balance of our natural world. All of our budding scientists are taught to question everything and to never accept simple answers in a world that is becoming increasingly complex. It is our privilege to teach the next generation of doctors, nurses, physicists, chemists and engineers. We hope that you will choose to come and study in one of our laboratories and to set foot on a path that has produced geniuses like Albert Einstein, Ernest Rutherford and Marie Curie.
The aims of the Stockland Green School Science curriculum
- A knowledge engaged curriculum, accessible to all that is designed to enhance students’ understanding of the world around them.
- Enable children to speak and write like scientists, using a range of complex vocabulary and terminology.
- Build key essential disciplinary skills so that students are able to collect and evaluate information and have informed opinions.
- Celebrate scientific achievement and the careers it can directly and indirectly lead to.
- Take into consideration cognitive load on students and the need for the right balance between scientific enquiry and direct instruction.
Curriculum & Assessment Maps
Science Revision Videos https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/z4882hv
- Free Science Lessons
- Combined Revision
- Triple Biology
- Triple Chemistry
- Triple Physics Physics Triple paper 1 Mark scheme
- Physics Triple paper 1 questions
- Biology Units Chemistry Units
- Physics Units
Past Exam Papers
Follow us on Twitter – For lots of up to date news and information about the Science Department