If you are reporting that your child is absent due to self-isolation please complete our Self-Isolation and Attendance form found at the following link:
Self Isolation Form Ofsted 2015 “Attendance is above national average and is improving”
Attendance – Four year comparison
|All Students||School 2017/18||School 2018/19||School 2019/20||School 2020/21||School 2021/22||National Average|
Persistent Absence – Four year comparison
|School 2017/18||School 2018/19||School 2019/20||School 2020/21||School 2021/22||National Average|
- On the first day of absence, parents/carers should contact the school by 8.30AM and let us know the reason for the student not being in school, otherwise parents/carers will be notified.
- When returning to school from an absence, students should bring a note to explain why they were away and this should be given to the Attendance Officer.
- If it is known in advance that a student is going to be away, a letter should be given to the Attendance Officer giving the reason for and details of the absence.
- Poor attendance will be investigated. Our Attendance Officer shall refer any poor attenders to the Local Authority.
- If students have any problems, they should talk to someone first, Form Tutors, Pastoral Leaders, or Heads of House, for instance.
Students should always arrive for lessons on time. If they do arrive late for school, students must make sure that they are marked present as follows:
- Be in their classroom for 8:50 AM to start Lesson 1 and get their mark.
- After 8:50 AM students will need to use the intercom at the school gate to enter and report to the Reception to get a late mark.
- Students should bring a note from parents/carers to explain why they are late, e.g. dental appointment, doctor’s appointment, etc.
Stockland Green School operates a strict policy on students being late. If students are not in school, on time, they will not be learning. It is the students’ responsibility to be in school on time. If students are late they will automatically receive a detention on the same day.